ECMECC School Physical Security Summit
Join administrators, technology coordinators, facilities staff, law enforcement personnel and others concerned with school safety from around the region for a school physical security summit. At this summit, you will
- Learn from MN School Safety Center staff including: Randy Johnson, Director; Connie Forster, Safe School Assessment Coordinator; Jenny Larrive, School Resource Officer Coordinator; and Micki Klomp, Training Coordinator
- Hear about area district’s solutions to security issues
- Discuss security issues with colleagues from around the region
- Discover opportunities to collaborate with other schools, law enforcement agencies and state offices to improve security in your district.
Date: Thursday December 6th, 2018 – 9:00am to 2:30pm
Location: Braham Event Center – 655 8th Street SW, Braham, MN 55006 (see map below)
Tentative Schedule (times will be adjusted during the day as needed)
- 9:00 – 9:20 – Registration / Coffee & Continental Breakfast
- 9:20 – 10:15 – Opening Session with Randy Johnson, Director, MN School Safety Center
- 10:15 – 11:00 – Session 1 – Physical Entrances and Visitor Verification
- 11:00 – 11:30 – Session 2 – Security Systems and Infrastructure (Panel)
- 11:30 – 12:00 – Lunch (included on site)
- 12:00 – 12:45 – Session 3 – Communications
- 12:45 – 1:30 – Session 4 – General Procedures and Protocols (inc. crisis management plans)
- 1:30 – 2:15 – Session 5 – Law Enforcement Procedures and Coordination
- 2:15 – Closing Comments / Next Steps
This event is open and FREE to any staff from full ECMECC member districts and any law enforcement agency.
The cost for associate members and non-members is $25 per person (includes lunch!)
Registration is now closed.
Deadline for registration was Tuesday, November 27th. Please contact us if you would still like to attend.
For more information, please contact the ECMECC Offices at 320-396-5213 or email: email@example.com
Map to Braham Event Center
School Safety Resources
- Minnesota School Safety Center
- US Secret Service – Enhancing School Safety Using a Threat Assessment Model